View Single Post
Old 08-13-2019, 06:56 AM   #4007
Geoff Waddington
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by MixMonkey View Post
Hi Geoff, I've been trying out the ZoneLoad version of Configurator you posted. There are a few problems:

i) It doesn't create zones anymore. You get the message box saying Zone Created, but no zone is written to Zones/ZoneFXFiles.

ii) It loads rows A and B ok but then throws"Runtime error:1004 Method 'Range' of object '_Global' failed.

iii) It requires the presence of the RawFX file to function.

Would it be okay if I borrowed some of your file system code and took a slightly different approach? It's not as sophisticated as your code, but I have a sub that re-populates the Input Sheet from a loaded Zone. It just needs the file selection system added.

Also, I think it would be a good idea when a Zone is created to append the RawFX parameters to the end of the file as commented out lines. That way the RawFX file becomes unnecessary after the initial Zone creation- it's available from the .zon file.

What do you think?
Absolutely, do anything with it you like, was just trying to help get a bit of a jump start on the load.

As far as appending, that works up until the params change, like the ReaComp (or was it ReaEQ ?) example from a while back from the old MCUC4 dll, but it may still be preferable to store them, since params change very infrequently.

Matter of fact, as I type this I realize that they change so infrequently, your idea is superior, yup, I agree -- store 'em as comments in the .zon file, done !
Geoff Waddington is offline   Reply With Quote