View Single Post
Old 04-04-2016, 12:38 PM   #16
cfillion
Human being with feelings

@DarkStar
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkStar View Post
5 cfillion's scheme seems to suggest running your own repository; is that needed?
A fork (working copy) is a bit different from a full-fledged independent repository: it's a way to make and submit changes without having to join ReaTeam.

If you intend to send modifications often, it's probably best to join ReaTeam and have direct write permissions, but for occasional contributions I think it's best to fork/branch/pull-request: it's easier and less error prone (pull requests are checked for common mistakes by a bot and manually reviewed before being applied).

The package indexer is intended for repository maintainers, developers/contributors don't need to bother with it unless they run their own independent repository or want to test the changes in ReaPack locally before sending them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkStar View Post
How will a user search for the script that meets his / her requirements?
Users search for packages to install using Extensions > ReaPack > Browse packages: https://i.imgur.com/HxqwqeF.gif.

@Sju

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sju View Post
For example, I just navigated to the ReaPack download page, but I have no idea what to do with those .dll and .dylib files (do i need one or both? where do i put them? etc...)
.dll files are for Windows and .dylib are for OS X. Choose the architecture (32/64 suffix) to match REAPER's.
To install, download and put the file in REAPER's resource directory, inside of the "UserPlugins" subfolder.

@IXix

Quote:
Originally Posted by IXix View Post
What about these?

1. external data files (wav, ogg, txt etc.) that need to be in the Data folder
2. jsfx-inc files
3. png, jpg, txt etc. referenced by the fx
As X-Raym said, additional files are specified from the metadata header:
Code:
/*
 * Version: 1.0
 * Provides:
 *   ixix-functions.jsfx-inc
 *   YourPackage Data/background.png
 *   some_file_that_is_not_in_the_repository.pdf http://download/url
 *   [windows] ixix-functions-win32.jsfx-inc
 */
This tells ReaPack to install ixix-functions.jsfx-inc from the same directory as the current file, background.png from the "YourPackage Data" subfolder and some_file_that_is_not_in_the_repository.pdf from an external URL. ixix-functions-win32.jsfx-inc is only installed on computers running Windows.

There are two limitations on this:
  1. Only one package can claim a specific file at a time (meaning that sharing files between packages sucks at this time and I have yet to find a good solution. Suggestions appreciated)
  2. Files cannot be installed outside of the repository's root directory

Last edited by cfillion; 04-04-2016 at 01:48 PM.
cfillion is offline   Reply With Quote