View Single Post
Old 01-11-2019, 11:33 AM   #5
Nonlinear
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xenakios View Post
I mean that the GetSamplePosition is implemented in the IPlugVST.h/cpp, IPlugVST3.h/cpp, IPlugAAX.h/cpp etc files in IPlug. There is no way to implement it in IPlugBase.h/cpp, therefore the implementation is blank or rather pure virtual in that. (But when you call the function in your own plugin's code, the correct version for the plugin format currently in use will be called.)
Ohhhhh, yes, I see. Thank you for the clarification.

Since you have been following my posts here about "Resetting on stop/start" I thought I'd share something - I have tried some plugins from other developers here on the WDL forum and their plugins DO NOT reset in Wavelab on stop/start either. They resume from where they left off just like mine does. That seems like a problem that could get lots of complaints from users, especially with something like a long reverb or delay that steps all over the new audio being played until it clears out.

I guess the plugins I tested that DO reset in Wavelab on stop/start were developed by some other means (Juce perhaps?) or maybe directly coded from the SDKs using cmake, etc. I'm afraid such detailed, hard coding is beyond my current skill level.
Nonlinear is offline   Reply With Quote