View Single Post
Old 10-07-2016, 11:17 AM   #30
pipelineaudio
Mortal

Don't get stuck in the "Fenders are the best" type of thinking that will just be crippling. If you want a fender, by all means get a fender, but if what you want is a "good" bass, its more important to make sure you define what that means to you.

For me, I want 24 frets, that rules most fenders out off the bat

I want decent pickup output and low noise, again ,that strangely, rules out most of the expensive fenders and leaves in a lot of the cheaper ones...I guess tradition is the rule of all evil yada yada...

I want easy neck access near the neck joint, again, fender is out the window on this

I want a uniform neck, or as close to it as possible, and again, fender as far as I know has never made anything like this

My back wall has a bunch of guitars, a real ESP USA that cost just under 5,000 dollars back when gas was less than a dollar a gallon, a 2200$ Carvin, and three different Rondos, a douglas 725 ($189), an agile interceptor 727 ($315) and an agile interceptor pro 728 ($425). I play the Agile 728 99% of the time. The fenders sit in the big room where things are much more prone to theft and abuse
pipelineaudio is online now   Reply With Quote