View Single Post
Old 11-15-2015, 08:37 AM   #2039
kenz
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Breeder View Post
It would be so nice get more people to contribute. But then again, it feels to me like the future of REAPER 3rd party add-ons is in scripts...

People with C skills, time and ideas...if you're reading this - please don't hesitate to contribute whatever you like!
My main gripe with that compared to scripts is the compilation stage; I hate setting up stuff and the nightmare dependencies/libs/whatever, I just want it to work out of the box, and scripts are super simple in this regard.

Keep in mind I don't know a single thing about the Reaper SDK so I may be off track completely (I do know C though, but I mostly used it for personal things where at least I had my own 'conventions' of dealing with this; e.g always using only LoadLibrary and GetProcAddress to avoid the stupid lib linking crap).

So if I wanted to contribute a few APIs for scripters where would I start? (I would want to add API to get the mouse coordinates on the screen for the TrackCtl_SetToolTip function, and maybe improve some FX handling APIs...).

I'm aware I may not need to compile it but that means I also can't test it and unfortunately I don't even use Visual Studio so perhaps I'm out of this league heh (only MinGW on windows and GCC/TCC on Linux)
kenz is offline   Reply With Quote