View Single Post
Old 08-17-2017, 06:49 AM   #27
endorka
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by MRMJP View Post
I really think that if REAPER had another mode so you could make a subproject for mastering that resembles the WaveLab montage or Studio One V3 project mode, Cockos could attract A LOT of mid-level and some pro mastering engineers that right now use a handful of apps to get the job done, especially the Mac users... I know that with some scripts, lots of tweaks etc. you can get close to this but even then, it's pretty crude and ugly. Many people aren't going to take the time to get it to this point only to still have concerns.
Based on my experience on various mastering forums, I agree 100%. The main reason I used Reaper for mastering was that I was already using it for everything else. Had I not been, there's no way I'd go to the trouble of setting up the scripts, projects, etc. I think mid level mastering engineers would be a healthy and potentially influential user base to attract for Reaper.

Quote:
I love REAPER for the audio processing part, but I'm not ready to put the reputation of my business on the line by trying to use to finalize master. It's too clumsy and too much room for error, and still not all that complete compared to dedicated mastering apps. Dedicated mastering apps bring a really unique and focus set of tools and features, and detail that is hard to explain to others that don't need it.
I hear you, and even though mastering is just a part of my work, have been privy to the razor's edge of fear, uncertainty and doubt in exactly this situation :-)

Might be worthwhile starting another thread with a wish list of mastering improvements in Reaper?

Cheers,
Jennifer