View Single Post
Old 09-01-2017, 01:43 PM   #22
Tod
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by karbomusic View Post
I think I'm confused, if Orban et al show it is too loud, what does it matter? Sounds like you should just reduce the volume a tad and not worry about being so close to 0.0. You'll never be 100% sure (when that close) during mixing so that's not a reaper issue IMHO. The actual render dialog peaks are what I go by tbh and adjust the master accordingly purely because of the risk of ISPs.
Hey my friend, thanks for sticking with me. I'm not sure what to think, based on all my tests, I wouldn't know what it could be, other then a Reaper issue. If a mix is made at -0.5 max peak and that mix plays appropriately on other wave editors, and even in Reaper when it's working right, then I have to believe that Reaper mixed it properly.

But then when I play it back in Reaper and it's playing 2.5dB above the mixed level, something is wrong.

I know what you mean by just turn it down a little, and I do that with other reference material, but when I'm checking against my own mixes, they need to be precise and especially not erratic, otherwise I don't really know what I'm hearing as far as the relationship between the current mix and the previous mix. The levels are very important.

As far as trying to mix close to 0.0dB, that's really not what I'm trying to do, I just want a save the mix at a safe margin form 0.0dB, and from what I understand, -0.5dB is a good level. I'm definitely not trying to make it loud, heh heh, that's the furthest from my mind.

I'm going to make another mix and see what it does, but I don't expect it to be any different.
Tod is offline   Reply With Quote