View Single Post
Old 08-16-2011, 05:15 PM   #18
Lazz
Human being with feelings

Well things are not looking any better. I found an old hard drive which I formated and loaded windows on to it. I then put the old drive back and booted from the new 1 and I still don't see the old drive. As was stated here I tried every SATA port, unpluged several times, I even tried the freezer trick, with not luck. I do however hear it spinning. At this point I am completely devastated, that drive contains 5 to 6 years worth of stuff, including all of my DAW, recording, plug-ins, etc, etc. I have a question pertaining to all of the recording stuff, if all of the material that was recorded was saved to a different drive if I reload everything an attempt open those projects am I going to run into any issues, ie...not going to work?

Please understand I know this may seem like beating a dead horse but if anyone has any further input it would be much appreciated, as this drive also contains hundreds of pictures and videos of the first few years of my 2 children...please no remarks about this if thought about it long enough I could seriously cry. I know it was foolish not to backup, unfortunely the saying goes "learn the hard way" as I have, should be receiving my new strictly backup 1tb drive friday.
Lazz is offline   Reply With Quote