View Single Post
Old 08-18-2019, 02:43 PM   #6
letsgetthisworking
Human being with feelings

Ok, for anyone with similar issues:

It seems my Intel mainboard, which was made for windows 7, was just "too old" for Windows 10 (well, or rather the efforts of the driver makers were too half-assed), and the drivers provided via windows update were just not up to snuff.

It was just not bad enough to have a noticeable impact on other sytem usage, including playing games - although I play somewhat older games usually (e.g. STALKER 3 ran fine)

I just bought a gaming mainboard, not because I want to play newer games, but because I figured gamers would be particular about latency, too.
A ASUS TUF B450-Plus, with a Ryzen 5 - 2600 CPU, Kingston HyperX FURY Black Series RAM, and kept my not so brand spankin' new GeForce GTX 1050 Ti, installed all the drivers from the mainboard CD.
Then already LatencyMon was far better than before, no red marked stuff anymore, but I got 700µs from NVIDIA driver and similar from DX I think.

So far I installed the newest chipset drivers for the mainboard, and the newest NVIDIA drivers, and lowered it all somewhat again, so far the highest I saw was 322µs while running Reaper with the afore mentioned project.

Same UA-25EX audio interface, the audio part of which works.
But Reaper does not detect the MIDI part anymore, I wonder why that is...

Given that I did not have time to actually try out Reaper, on a functioning system, and I'll only really have time in 1..2 weeks:

Is it possible to extend the demo time for Reaper, so I'll actually have a couple weekends to get acquainted with it?
letsgetthisworking is offline   Reply With Quote