View Single Post
Old 11-23-2019, 02:55 PM   #44
White Tie
Pixel Pusher

Quote:
Originally Posted by juliansader View Post
I realize I am far too late to discuss this, but still... I don't think the "Recolor project" feature will be useful, since it just randomly changes track colors. Many users (like me) use specific colors for specific instruments in all our projects.

"Tracks which share a colour will be given the same new color" (NB: colour vs color) does not help much, since different instruments in the same family are often colored slightly differently, but may end up with widely divergent colors after re-coloring.
Thanks for the typo spot! And by, typo, I of course mean "pfft, bloody foreigners"

There are already a load of colour palette scripts out there, perhaps there's one that does what you want already? As a beginner programmer I can testify to them being an easy way into scripting so I'm sure someone could do one for you. The recolor function is there as a way of trying out the palettes without having to go into click frenzy mode, but there are also some users who seem to love it. I find it quite fun.

Please do note that it does set an undo, so there's no downside!

Quote:
Originally Posted by spk77 View Post
Calling this function (on mouse button release) would set the focus back from the script window to last focused element - TCP, arrange view or last selected envelope:
Thanks loads! This is all a bit beyond me, but I'll run it past the boss man

Quote:
Originally Posted by fladd View Post
For me the font in the theme script is so tiny that it cannot be read. I don't know why that is, or how that happened, but is there a way to make the font readable again?
That's very, horribly broken in many ways. Eeek. Specs please?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janne83 View Post
attempt to get length of a nil value
Thanks! Could you grab the error line number next time it happens please? And can you just double check you are definitely on the latest version of the scrip please?

Quote:
Originally Posted by kavula View Post
Just to report, playback rate knob looks fine now.
Script is also loading as it should.
Thanks.
Splendid, thanks for letting me know.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ericson View Post
Yes the master track in the tcp set at 200% and the script window at same size.
My two monitors are set to 150% DPI in Windows.
At 150% you get the 100% draw of the script window (it doesn't have a 150% size like the theme does). It actually changes up at >150. I'll change it so that 149 is the swapover and we'll see if anyone complains... all things being equal, I think "this thing is unnecessarily filling my screen" is a more bearable situation than "this is too small to use."

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xasman View Post
Pan knob missing from default track layout on Linux native 6.0 (in both rc1 & rc2):
OK, what you are seeing here is the big new thing. Its a bold move, but I've made it very, very easy for the user to change with a layout swap or using the adjuster script. Allow me to make the case:

Reaper can be taxing for visual searching (and this is also intimidating to new users) because it has an enormous number of controls if you have the mixer open, because you're seeing everything twice. The workflow approach would be to say that if you are using the mixer AND the track panels, you may often be doing the same thing on them, but you're doing so in different workflow modes. Other DAWs enforce those modes by never putting some controls on their track panel; this is the Reaper equivalent. If you're using def6, layout A, and you haven't used the theme adjuster script, and the mixer is visible ...so, the hour zero context... it only shows the pan and route controls on the mixer, not both. Because if you were to make a generalization (definitely not one size fits all...) that's where they are most useful.

I'm tidying elements from the interface based on workflow observations. The kind of thing almost all software does and, some argue, Reaper should do more of. But I've Reaper'd it by making it completely reversible. Hopefully this will all be a lot more 'ah, nice!' rather than 'wuh, WTF?' once Kenny has done a video on it

Quote:
Originally Posted by bFooz View Post
RC2 score colors: better. They are now generally on the dark side a touch. Maybe something like this would do: (just some lightness adjusted)
Okay, will do, thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by foxAsteria View Post
Button buildup on short master:
Hmm, its not supposed to be able to do that. Can you reliably replicate it, and if so let me know how? Thanks.