View Single Post
Old 03-23-2015, 05:09 PM   #1
X-Raym
Human being with feelings

Default Scripts (EEL): Move L/R edge of item under mouse to edit cursor (with ripple edit)

Hi!

Here is the best answer I could think of for satisfying the request:
ripple editing with item edge

It will allow:

• different behavior according to ripple state
  • ripple editing with edges
  • snap
  • snap offset preservation
  • ripple edit across tracks or an individual track

There is several type of actions:

Fixed Content
  • X-Raym_Move left edge of item under mouse to edit cursor according to ripple state.eel
  • X-Raym_Move right edge of item under mouse to edit cursor according to ripple state.eel
  • X-Raym_Trim left edge of item under mouse to edit cursor without changing fade-in end.eel
  • X-Raym_Trim right edge of item under mouse to edit cursor without changing fade-out start.eel
Demo:

Move edges of item under mouse to edit cursor according to ripple state:

Trim edges of item under mouse to edit cursor without changing fades:

The concept is simple:
Offset is calculated with the item pos / item end of the item under mouse and the edit cursor. The snap offset pos is kept, or set to 0 if item length became to short.

It is based on a idea I had for REQ: Nudge left item edge of sel items to the left / keep their snap offsets in place

Moving Content
  • X-Raym_Move left edge and content of item under mouse to edit cursor according to ripple state.eel
  • X-Raym_Move right edge and content of item under mouse to edit cursor according to ripple state.eel

Demo:

Moving Position
  • X-Raym_Move item position of item under mouse to edit cursor according to ripple state.eel
  • X-Raym_Move item position of item under mouse to edit cursor according to ripple state preserving end.eel

Demo:

Disclaimer:
Required REAPER v5 pre release

Download:
Click on the link on my signature!

-------
It was pretty hard to code so...

Thank you for your support!

Last edited by X-Raym; 05-27-2015 at 12:46 AM. Reason: EEL, not Lua!
X-Raym is offline   Reply With Quote