View Single Post
Old 07-25-2017, 03:10 AM   #1500
chumbo
Human being with feelings

Default REQ: slightly modified mpl script?

Hi,
I love the idea behind this script: "Script: mpl_Zoom horizontally, change grid relatively (mousewheel).lua" but I find the way it's implemented a bit strange.

I really just wanted the script to do EXACTLY what the title suggests but as it is now, it also enables/disables both the the Snap & Grid on/off!

Obviously, mpl had a very specific application in mind when he created it and it must have been the way he needed it to be.

I really was just hoping to replicate +- the way Ableton implements the zooming and grid view. In Ableton, it's adaptive to the zoom level: if you're zoomed out far, you obviously don't want to be seeing a mess of tons of very thin grid lines so it removes them gradually as you zoom out.
The same when you zoom in...as you get closer, smaller grid lines start appearing (from 1/4, to 1/8, 1/16, etc...).

mpl's script already does that beautifully BUT, it adds a very odd enable/disable of the grid and snap buttons to the mix which I don't understand and which were absent.

Could it be possible for some kind soul to just remove those from the script so that the Grid on/off and Snap on/off are unaffected by the zooming in or out?

Thanks! :-)
chumbo

(just to illustrate what I mean, here's a post where I explained the problem, before I knew it was because of the script...https://forum.cockos.com/showpost.ph...35&postcount=1
chumbo is offline   Reply With Quote