View Single Post
Old 02-06-2016, 03:58 AM   #2
ivansc
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by gv.lazcano View Post
Chapter III - To love and be loved
I was an avid user of Studio One, even upgrading to the now extinct Producer branch. I loved the damn thing, had a nice workflow to sketch things, and it was pretty to look at. With Studio One 3, I was not only angry at the fact that none of my desired features was included (Being fair, I only wanted one thing: 32 and 64 bits bridging VST, a la Reaper), but also I was dissapointed by a non-existent upgrade path for the Producer branch - they offered an upgrade option to the top of the line edition, but it was too much moola for a student - and by the turtle slow performance. Not only they didn't improved on Studio One 2 bugs and performance issues, no, it also seemed that they blatantly worsened those aspects.

And that's my take on why I'm never buying anything from Presonus again.
I got caught in that particular little trap too - just as well I didnt really get on with S1 that well. I always think it is a shame the way companies not only push you to keep moving to their latest business model (Sonar and PT subscription models) but at the same time make it pretty much impractical just to stick with what you already bought.

At least that has never been an issue with Reaper.