View Single Post
Old 08-17-2016, 02:19 AM   #18
eviluess
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by gv.lazcano View Post
(Read the title as an angry outcry )

I have a 3 year long story with this brand, that has rustled my jimmies endlessly:

Chapter I - My kingdom for a (working) monitor!
Two and a half years ago I bought a pair of nice sounding Presonus Eris E5 monitors; the price was right, and I got a better deal by buying a pair (The published price was for a single unit). A year later, a couple of days after the warranty expired, it blew a fuse and never worked again (yes, I replaced the fuse). After explaining my case to the local distributor, they accepted to repair my unit free of charge, just paying the shipping costs.

Monitor as good as new and everyone's happy... But a year later, it blew again. Same thing, bad fuse, a little burnt odor, so I suspect it's the same goddamn fault. I tried some repairs myself, checking some critical parts in the power path, but couldn't find anything wrong, even after swapping some parts "just in case".

Tired, I just let it be, till today, after trying some new repairs, to no avail, I decided to contact the local distributor, asking for the repair costs. After that, I plan to sell this things.

Chapter II - The Phantom Menace
Short story, had a Audiobox USB that had a weird noise when the Phantom Power was on. Tried some friend's Audiobox, and same problem. We bought the damn thing together, so maybe it was a problem within that batch of interfaces, but as I didn't knew anyone else that owned an Audiobox, I just assumed it was a design problem. A little e-mail exchange with the dealer, and I swapped it by another interface (Tascam US-322, working great till today)

Chapter III - To love and be loved
I was an avid user of Studio One, even upgrading to the now extinct Producer branch. I loved the damn thing, had a nice workflow to sketch things, and it was pretty to look at. With Studio One 3, I was not only angry at the fact that none of my desired features was included (Being fair, I only wanted one thing: 32 and 64 bits bridging VST, a la Reaper), but also I was dissapointed by a non-existent upgrade path for the Producer branch - they offered an upgrade option to the top of the line edition, but it was too much moola for a student - and by the turtle slow performance. Not only they didn't improved on Studio One 2 bugs and performance issues, no, it also seemed that they blatantly worsened those aspects.

And that's my take on why I'm never buying anything from Presonus again.
So do I.

I think Eris E5 should not be produced any more.
eviluess is offline   Reply With Quote