View Single Post
Old 08-17-2016, 10:01 AM   #34
serr
Human being with feelings

Looks like a lot of hit & miss or luck of the draw with Presonus...

That Firebox interface seemed like a really good deal for a budget interface. One of the huge selling points was 6 balanced outputs so you could do 5.1 surround. Nearly every other interface choice out there goes from 4 outputs to 8 or more and nothing in between.

And... I know 3 people personally that had the thing die on them. The firewire controller chip blows up I believe. They aren't servicing them any more and their new "budget" model only has 4 outputs. Google it and it looks like a pattern with the Firebox blowing up.

Then they really fell flat on their face with S1 didn't they!
"The app Studio One has unexpectedly quit." seems to be it's favorite feature. Admittedly, they were very new on the scene when I tried S1. Their tech support literally gave up and just said "sorry". (I was trying to push it at low latency though. It might be fine for just tracking and general mixing.)

That iPad app they made for S1 sure looks slick though! (Midas has the other slick iPad app right out of the box for their x32 interface/board.)

These guys seemed to have solid budget offerings in the past. Maybe not so much anymore? Behringer (and more recently M-audio) always held up the low ratty end of 'truly not worth it for any price'. Did Presonus fall into that hole?
serr is online now   Reply With Quote