View Single Post
Old 02-18-2018, 04:34 AM   #8
mschnell
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndrewGl View Post
The keyboard happens to be Kawai MP7.
I don't have access to an MP7, but I once tested it and I did like the keyboard. I like the VPC better, but the MP7's to me seems one of the best keyboards with non-straight hammers.

As the MP7 (other than the VPC 1) features lots of buttons, knobs and a kind of GUI, I can't believe it can't be made to send out dedicated midi messages for patch changing (supposedly Program Change messages). Those can be used for switching patches (e.g. using LiveConfigs (-> http://www.bschnell.de/LiveConfigs_1.pdf ) to mute/unmite the tracks with your sounds and/or sdend Program Change messages to Kontak or whatever saampler is holding sounds you want to activate.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndrewGl View Post
This will allow live playing of two independent melodies (e.g., on Cello and Piano) using two keyboards.
I do this using the VCP 1 and the DX7 I use as a light weighted master keyboard (plus the TEC BBC v2 Breath controller I use for trying to create realistic sounding Flute, Trumpet and Cello by the software from SampleModeling.)

BTW.: I hate using a Compute Keyboard / mouse / monitor in a Live situation. That is why I got the dedicated controller board after I lost the program change buttons the KX88 provided.

-Michael

Last edited by mschnell; 02-18-2018 at 04:40 AM.
mschnell is offline   Reply With Quote