View Single Post
Old 01-09-2017, 10:01 AM   #37
thunderbroom
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucas_LCS View Post
you could alter the theme's config file so the preferred mode is loaded with when a new track is inserted.
Instead of messing with the code in the theme config file, I recommend setting up Track Templates.
This is something you will likely find more useful, since you can use templates to also load plugins, volume, pan and button states for the track.

- open a new project.
- add track layout desired and make sure it is selected.
- change pan to desired mode.
- click on Track in the menu bar at the top of Reaper window.
- select Save Tracks as track Template
- name it something like:
Pan and Width - Default
or:
Pan and Width - Tracking

If you change other settings on the layout, then name the template to reflect those changes to identify it easily.
additionally, you can set up several tracks differently and then save them as a set in a single track template.

you can now add tracks with pan and width mode already set
- click on 'Track' in the menu bar at the top of Reaper window
- select Insert track from Template
- select the template you want.

If you use a similar set of tracks for each project, it would be best to set up a project template.
This allows you to load a new project and have most or all of the tracks ready to go quickly.

/
You're right - such an obvious solution in front of my face that I never even considered. I'll be getting to work shortly on this. Again, lucas_CS, I appreciate your patience and quick responses...not to mention a tremendously useful theme.
thunderbroom is offline   Reply With Quote