View Single Post
Old 10-13-2011, 02:36 PM   #24
yagonnawantthatcowbell
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpunk_w View Post
From your post i am not entirely sure if you agree with me that MCU and such should be done first or not ?

I don't however get the "Users left out in the cold" remark, come on now be fair, Reaper is a $60 app and you get what you pay for, I don't see any of the other apps in Reapers price bracket having massive controller support either (And surely we are not comparing Reaper to PT or Cubendo or any of the other hi end apps, there is a reason they cost so much you know, they have all the features)
I'm all for Eucon support, but I think MCU/HUI is a much better candidate to start with. They are cheaper, and lots of control surfaces have built in mcu or hui emulation. Lots of users here with the bcf/bcr2000 units. Lots of old mackie control universal and the newer mackie control pros out there. Ideally we'll get support for both, but I don't see a lot of people shelling out $1200+ to control a $60 app.

The thing is, Reaper at $60 is a steal for the consumer, but the $225 license is a ripoff for the pro user if they want a control surface based workflow.
yagonnawantthatcowbell is offline   Reply With Quote