View Single Post
Old 09-08-2021, 01:37 PM   #16
Justin
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave 2099 View Post
I love Super8, props to Justin for giving us such a simple looping plugin.

I've come across some weird things that make me wonder if that's how Super8 works or if there are quirks in my Mac M1 Mini, or if it's something about how my FCB-1010 works, or how midi CC's work.

1 - Super8 would not recognize CC20 value 0 until I programmed a second CC20, so that there are two messages - value 0 and value 127. Is that just how CC messages work to toggle on/off? I haven't found any global setting I can change in my FCB that would seem to affect this.
Hmm yes it does ignore CCs if the value is 0. Perhaps that's not ideal, but I'd hate to break live setups now, hmm...

There's a line:
Code:
  nextmsg_1 == 0xb0 ? ( nextmsg_1 = 0x90; nextmsg_2 += 129; ) :
If you want you can edit it to be:
Code:
  nextmsg_1 == 0xb0 ? ( nextmsg_1 = 0x90; nextmsg_2 += 129; nextmsg_3 = 127; ) :
Quote:

2 - Super8 only seems to recognize midi channel 1. It didn't recognize my FCB until I added the JS midi channel router to route channel 3 to channel 1. Does Super8 only recognize channel 1, or do I have something weird going on?
Yeah, it only looks at channel 1. You could make it omni-channel by adding this line above the previously quoted line:
Code:
nextmsg_1 &= 0xf0;
Justin is offline   Reply With Quote