View Single Post
Old 09-14-2021, 10:21 AM   #14939
cjewellstudios
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by MixMonkey View Post
...for every button, life's too short I'd rather just use TouchOSC V1 and check out alternatives.

It's a fundamental flaw in their software and the fact that no-one picked up on it until we came along suggests that the great majority of TouchOSC use cases are one-way only.

Because of this, I don't think we can expect any consideration for CSI's feedback model going forward and personally, I won't be spending any more time developing CSI/TouchOSC integration.
It's a fundamental flaw, agreed but I can't say I agree with the rest of your thinking here.

The new naming convention alone makes the new touchosc faster than mk1 x10.

Using group names, indexes and tags I can now take this incredibly complex fader channel strip group thing I made and duplicate it, drag it over and change the name of the group (and one group layer below it) and now all of the complex things I've packed into this fader group have the correct message (TrackSelect2, TrackMute2, etc etc)

You could easily take a section of my layout and use it in your own because you can have multiple tabs open in the editor and copy/paste at will.

It would take me maybe 5 min to make 48 tracks with correct osc addresses for everything. (I realized quickly older iPads don't like that, but that's not the point here)

I do have faith that we will eventually get our fix for the buttons and there is some great stuff on the horizon as well like image support and a branch view for when layouts get complex.

I look at the fundamental flaw as a niggle. I don't think it's worth it investing time into lemur since it's not being actively developed and hasn't been for some time.

Open Stage Control is a different story but I've been down that road before with absolutely no success. It could be done for sure but I am not that guy.
cjewellstudios is offline   Reply With Quote