View Single Post
Old 05-21-2011, 05:22 AM   #37
Banned
Human being with feelings

Great to hear it is planned!

I would suggest implementing OSC support in a wider context of better fleshed out features for setting up remote control, were one could edit and would have an overview of all remote control mappings (compare Cubase, Ableton Live), set up different types (e.g. increment/decrement, toggle/momentary, continuous/scaled etc.), and set up feedback so that changes made in Reaper (e.g. GUI, automation, output) are reflected back to the remote controllers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by adrian.g View Post
What is missing in the world of OSC software atm. is a proper sequencer with graphical envelopes, and I would love to see Reaper becoming the first one. I bet many people (and institutions) would buy it just for this functionality.
Ehm, I guess you have not tried Numerology 3 Pro yet then? Not your typical DAW by any standard, but by my definition of "proper sequencer", it is pretty much the only piece of software that qualifies for the title. And, it does have OSC support and graphical envelopes (plain AHDSR ones, but also the ModulationSeq module which offers 128-step graphical envelopes). If you run OS X, give it a try (otherwise, maybe hackint0sh or getamac? ). A proper sequencer is a great complement to any DAW, including Reaper.

Last edited by Banned; 05-21-2011 at 05:42 AM. Reason: added response to adrian.g
Banned is offline   Reply With Quote