View Single Post
Old 07-10-2017, 08:48 AM   #17
brainwreck
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Winter View Post
IMO it's best to lock this down, which can be done by configuring modprobe. What file to edit and where it's placed might vary, but on my system it's in /etc/modprobe.d/modprobe.conf which contains the following:

Code:
options snd-hda-intel model=auto,auto index=0,1 id=Intel,NVidia
options snd-hdsp index=2
options snd-usb-audio index=3
Also if you look at the first column in /proc/asound/cards you get a name for each card. You can often refer to them by name instead of index, like hw:Intel instead of hw:0.

This happens automatically on my system.

You can just add snd-seq to modprobe.conf, but this really ought to be automatic on your distro...
In case I didn't mention it above, for this install I opted out of systemd for openrc using the Manjaro Architect installer, and these issues are likely a result of that. I think that I wouldn't be seeing these issues with a default Manjaro install. But trying to run openrc is a learning endeavor for me. What init system are you running?

And thanks. Creating /etc/modprobe.d/modprobe.conf and adding these lines to it seems to take care of the sound device order issue:

Code:
options snd_usb_audio index=0
options snd_hda_intel index=1
After taking a closer look, snd_seq_device is being loaded by default, but the complaint from jack is:

Code:
03:50:05.109 Could not open ALSA sequencer as a client. ALSA MIDI patchbay will be not available.
ALSA lib seq_hw.c:466:(snd_seq_hw_open) open /dev/snd/seq failed: No such file or directory
connect(2) call to /dev/shm/jack-1000/default/jack_0 failed (err=No such file or directory)
attempt to connect to server failed
But for whatever reason, this takes care of it manually:

Code:
/etc/modprobe snd-seq