View Single Post
Old 11-23-2017, 09:50 AM   #36
Soli Deo Gloria
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvilDragon View Post
Ah you're using those commands on a tempo envelope? Yeah that is bound to create problems because grid size is constantly changing depending on the tempo value that is entered.

Actually, the problem seems to happen when you drag mouse right-to-left. It's perfectly fine when dragging left-to-right. Also if you try to overwrite current envelope, it gets worse (if you use "freehand draw envelope") - in this case I would use the "set envelope point value" action instead.

I was initially checking those commands on regular envelopes - where they indeed work great.
Well ED, the grid size changes are something with which I have learnt to live with, indeed. That doesnīt seem to be the problem here : what I see is that Breederīs actions now insert time-sig only markers everywhere. Sometimes, although Iīm not 100 % sure, they seem to turn tempo markers into time-sig ones (!). If you check the jpgs I attached above, in the second, normal example, the envelope changes the grid size effectively, but anyway the drawing has a coherence and shows predictable results when you draw. The messed example shows a totally unusable behaviour : time-sig only markers are drawn caotically here and there.

@ED : I havenīt been able to make the actions work fine in the tempo envelope from left to right, sadly. The mess is created the same...

Given all of this, I have some questions for you, guys, and the devs :

- Is there any setting, somewhere, that could fix this behaviour regarding Breederīs actions?

- @Justin & Schwa : If what I ask for above is not possible, then is there any possibility to have this functionality back again with all these new improvements? I wonīt be able to update until I find a solution to this, since for the kind of music I produce, fluid tempo editing is crucial. Basically, the ability in the tempo envelope to freehand draw and set existing pointīs values to mouse cursor position while shortcut is pressed are an absolute must for me, and most probably, for many MIDI composers. Excuse me if this seems to be merely a personal request, but weīre talking about fundamental things to achieve a fluid expression in the MIDI production realm. Anybody who writes pseudo-orchestral music with Reaper and strives for a detailed production will probably realize, at some point, that the tempo editing functionality is incomplete in its native form right now. Breederīs actions have covered this issue until now, but they seem to be completely unusable after pre16 (unless, of course, Iīm missing some magic, hidden setting that can bring the solution). I could always report this to the SWS thread, but I really donīt know when the fix could arrive, so Iīm asking here for help. Some native replacements for the actions, or a fix for the functionality will allow me to go on updating, as simple as that. Again, please, excuse me for the begging, but I have no other choice and Iīm not usually prone to these kind of desperate requests...
Soli Deo Gloria is offline   Reply With Quote