View Single Post
Old 11-23-2018, 02:27 PM   #2
JamesPeters
Human being with feelings

From this post:

Quote:
SWELL Themes

SWELL is a toolkit implementing a minimal but reasonable subset of the win32 API, which allows targeting Linux, OS/X and Windows from a single codebase. Since SWELL doesn't use OS system calls on Linux to display controls like the menubar and dialog boxes, it is possible to theme their appearance.

The theme definition is contained in a file called libSwell.colotheme. To override the default definition, copy libSwell.colortheme to ~/.config/REAPER/libSwell-user.colortheme, and if you use a portable install, to REAPER/libSwell-user.colortheme.
Then edit the libSwell-user.colortheme file. Line 1 and line 2 (right at the top) are what you want to change. I use NotoSans for its specific legibility and I found size 12 (for that font) is the appropriate size for that text to be displayed correctly. I prefer it at size 13 for my menus though. So for me it's a compromise between the two. Perhaps you'll find a font you like which displays at the size you need, without compromise. But anyway you can lower the font size 1 step and that'll probably solve it.

(Note: libSwell.colotheme file is installed in the Reaper program directory, so you copy it from there and paste a copy to the directory you need to, then rename it libSwell-user.colortheme.)
JamesPeters is offline   Reply With Quote