View Single Post
Old 03-14-2016, 06:50 PM   #107
avocadomix
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by karbomusic View Post
Sure they do...

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/w...na-privacy-faq

I'm guessing you are far too dug in on the debate piece to do anything other than find any omission you can (that's OK) and I'm not telling you your bing searches (or Google or most anyone else) won't result in your Amazon page showing similar items; but none of that qualifies as your personal info being shared to the underworld by someone who has you as a contact on their Windows 10 machine which is the only reason I replied. And yes, I prefer to be very specific because otherwise, it's just a cat herding experiment geared to get people riled up with no real value.
Yep, looked at it, it's full of legal holes and doesn't really answer the question of how Microsoft uses the collected data and whether there are any restrictions.
Example:

Quote:
Does Microsoft or Bing plan to use any of the data that Cortana gathers to sell advertising or otherwise mine information?
No, Cortana doesn’t use the information you share with Cortana to send you targeted ads. Ads may accompany search results that Cortana delivers—just as they do when you do a search on Bing.com.
Look closely at the question and then at the answer. Isn't it a little strange that, strictly speaking (ie from the legal perspective), the answer is not answering the actual question?
avocadomix is offline   Reply With Quote