View Single Post
Old 02-08-2018, 07:12 AM   #1
AlonR
Human being with feelings

Default Help with AU validation (auval)- my plug pass in one MAC but fails at another

Hi guys and gals

I'm having a problem with auval and i need your help please: I am making a plug using WDL-OL and martin finke's guide, and the VST was working perfectly.
When trying to compile for AU the auval tool (and similarly, plugin manager in logic) gave me the "meta parameter flag" error ("ERROR: Parameter values are different since last set "), which i solved as mentioned in this answer, and then the auval give a "pass" output for my plug.

Afterward, I tried to use the plugin in a second computer I have, but in this second computer the auval returned "failed" with the very same "meta parameter flag" error.

Do you know why did it happen?
Should I do more steps while copying the plugin, beside just putting the <name>.component in the "Library/audio/plugins/component" folder? (I put it in Hard-Drive's "library", and not in user's library. Is it matters?)

My second computer is running a different OSX version - The compiling computer (where the plug passes) runs El Capitan (10.11.6) and the faulty computer runs "High Sierra" (10.13.3) - may it be the cause?

Can it be that some resources are present in the compiling computer but not in the new computer? shouldn't the component file be a complete package containing all the needed resources? If it doesn't, how do i check which part was left out of the component file?

For compiling I use xCode 8.1, auval version (in both computers) is 1.6.1a1.

Many thanks for your answers and inputs
AlonR is offline   Reply With Quote