View Single Post
Old 12-31-2016, 09:05 AM   #32
aspiringSynthesisingAlch
Human being with feelings

Default reaper cubics

Quote:
Originally Posted by cubic13 View Post
You're welcomed, sightlessness.

About buying Cubase, what to say ? I have a kind of love and hate relation with it. Until 6.5, it was for me, a reference, both by its features and its UI design. Since, Cubase has becomed more and more bloated, with an increasing amount of unsolved issues : I keep on looking at the Steiny forums and what I see in them really doesn't make me change my mind, since I switched to Reaper, nearly three years ago, giving up at Cubase 7.06 version. They have implemented many things that I would like to see in Reaper since the 6.5 days and I'm still missing several ones (the track inspector, the 3 independent mixer views, the info line, a decent navigator, the Generic Remote devices...), I admit. But, over all, I prefer using Reaper, which is slowly but surely reaching the same level, even if I would really like the bakers to take a little more attention about the way its UI is actually working.

The themes I uploaded here are, honestly, the only ones I use on a daily basis. This is the reason why I have tweaked them to death, with a simple aim : to be as much at ease with Reaper as I was with Cubase 6.5, five years ago. The features set are different, but the UI and the way all the features are presented is essential for me to do what I want when I start a 'DAW' session and, simply said, I still think that the Cubase UI has been for a long time the best one ever done ans still is. From which these themes : I feel so much 'at home' with them.

Thanks for chiming in !
I found this through pure happenstance. I never used Cubase but I 'hear' your logic.

Re the outlined features, I think this is great fodder for FRs for the scripting community (I think MPC has already done even more than what you mentioned, and maybe, with some tailoring, you can get all these features! That would be a great reaper-mod kit for anyone coming from cubase)

Just wanted to say thanks (about to try) and hope ya find ways to get everything mentioned above
aspiringSynthesisingAlch is offline   Reply With Quote