Thread: IPlug - Youlean
View Single Post
Old 04-19-2017, 09:42 AM   #58
Soundbytes
Human being with feelings

Sure

IControl.cpp (629)
This is in IKnobLineControl:: Draw() - scaledInnerRadius could be stored as a member variable and updated in AfterGUIResize instead of here.
IControlGroup.cpp(67) - I don't yet understand what is going on there.
IControlGroup.cpp(83) - same here
IControlGroup.cpp(216) - ...

IGraphics.cpp(549)(564)(588)
if (mPlug->GetGUIResize()) controlSize -= 3;
Which three controls need to be kept out of the equation here? Maybe Gui Resize Controls? What if I decide to allow Gui Resizing but do not need the resize Controls? Or a different number of them?

IGraphics.cpp(1099) - IGraphics::IsDirty()
I would always advocate to keep the housekeeping code separated from the actual render cycle. Even if it means adding a few more member variables to the class.
You might also consider using a function pointer to select the appropriate way to recalculate the rect. After all the evaluated condition only changes once in the entire lifetime of the plugin.

IControlGroup.cpp(67)
IControlGroup.cpp(83)
IControlGroup.cpp(216)
IControlGroup.cpp(263) Sorry I have no more time to comment on these today.
(I'll be back tomorrow)

BTW - I understand that IPlug naming conventions are a bit silly but still I think we should stick to those to maintain consistency. Would you consider renaming the viewSelector and handleSelector classes to something like IViewSelectorControl and IHandleSelectorControl?

Finally: I hope I do not come across too picky. I do very much appreciate your effort and frankly this is like an early christmas gift for me.