View Single Post
Old 03-17-2019, 05:15 AM   #429
danerius
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrelwood View Post
The question I quoted is so vague that people don’t tend to bother replying. You say you are bad at writing code. But you have some experience? Have you looked at the code of the included plugins? How much can you follow what the code does?

While I’m not very advanced myself, I’d like to try and help. But I really don’t know how, or where to start.
Hi. Thanks for clarifying that

My experience with code is surface level tinkering with bits of existing code. Mostly HTML, CSS + PHP. Wich means that I can spot the parameters in a code where I need to change it. I can copy + paste bits. I can understand a flow chart for code and what its functions are. But writing code from scratch is beyond me.

I have looked at JSFX-code and changed some parameters in a couple of Reaper plugs to better fit my requirements. But thats it.

================================================== =================

Back to the Gaussian Filter. Ive included two different graphics. Theyre hopefully better illustrations of averaging samples ahead + back in time. The "Gaussian-Filter-2.png" is to show the end goal of the idea. And "First-Filter-2.png" is to show my first goal post for it and check if it actually works as I intended.

This comes from years of working in photoshop with blurring and sharpening images. Wich is essentially the same as reducing or enhancing treble. Some types of blurring are sweeter looking than others. As with sharpening. And I think the math for that can be adjusted + applied to audio as well. Hopefully with interesting results.

An extension of this could be a Laplacian Distribution or Edge Detection Treble/Air Enhancers. Maybe Side Chained Matrix Filters. Wich again. If it works would sound very cool.

Best regards /Bo

PS. BTW. I love the Mrelwood KickbAss DS
Attached Images
File Type: png Gaussian-Filter-2.png (22.5 KB, 262 views)
File Type: png First-Filter-2.png (12.0 KB, 235 views)

Last edited by danerius; 03-17-2019 at 05:21 AM. Reason: typos
danerius is offline   Reply With Quote