View Single Post
Old 02-20-2019, 07:12 AM   #407
Meo-Ada Mespotine
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xenakios View Post
Actually making the plugin add working actions and API functions for ReaScript to use is quite involved. You for example have to implement the action handling callback yourself. Adding API functions requires lots of obscure boilerplate code per added function too. But I'll try come up with some examples. (You probably by the way meant the "hello world" action to actually print something on the Reaper console or show a message box instead of returning a string that isn't going to go anywhere...?)

Thank you.

And yes, I meant to use MB or something to print the HelloWorld

As far as I could see in SWS or JS-Extension-code, there's tons of stuff to do, that I don't understand as I can't get my head around the pure basics.
The more I can get into that, I'll try to write an introduction for new-coders to come up with at least a basic-plugin and documenting potential missteps and stumbling stones and how to set up XCode/VS to make it work at all.

For more complex stuff, like the action/function-register-management in SWS which is quite abstracted away to make stuff convenient, one needs to have more experience in C++ anyway, I guess.

On vacation for the time being...
Meo-Ada Mespotine is offline   Reply With Quote