View Single Post
Old 03-23-2009, 10:49 AM   #104
plush2
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by 404NotFound View Post
I don't know if it's the actual problem but I think this happens because your exported OMF stores timing data as video frame positions instead of audio sample positions, so the accuracy is only say 25/sec instead of 44100/sec. The way OMF stores item positions (distance to previous item instead of absolute position) is quite vulnerable to cumulative rounding errors. There is a good chance that every item on a track adds a drift of 2 frames if the developer of the exporter application doesn't watch out.
That is almost certainly what is going on with mine. They are all exported from FinalCut and are 23.976 frame rate which makes the resolution 24 frames/1.001 seconds so it's easy to see how interpretation becomes difficult.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 404NotFound View Post
Anyway, it you re-import your OMF in Cubase and you also run into sync problems, blame it on Steinberg. If everything is lined up correctly though, blame it on me
I'll compare an omf unpacked by your filter with the same one unpacked by EDL Convert Pro and report back here.
plush2 is offline   Reply With Quote