View Single Post
Old 03-23-2009, 12:31 PM   #106
ed209
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by 404NotFound View Post
I don't know if it's the actual problem but I think this happens because your exported OMF stores timing data as video frame positions instead of audio sample positions, so the accuracy is only say 25/sec instead of 44100/sec. The way OMF stores item positions (distance to previous item instead of absolute position) is quite vulnerable to cumulative rounding errors. There is a good chance that every item on a track adds a drift of 2 frames if the developer of the exporter application doesn't watch out.

Anyway, it you re-import your OMF in Cubase and you also run into sync problems, blame it on Steinberg. If everything is lined up correctly though, blame it on me
I retried exporting from sx2, unchecking some stuff that I didn't understand and this time importing it back into sx2 checking the sync. - sync perfect.
then importing into Reaper. - sync perfect.
user error - user error - user error... I'm stoopid

Anyway, this is very very very exciting for me and some cubase-using friends who're about to jump ship to Reaper! Thank you for your excellent contribution and hard work and talent!
ed209 is offline   Reply With Quote