View Single Post
Old 07-11-2017, 03:55 PM   #3321
lb0
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underoath77 View Post
I have it in my head that this thing will let me remake any Plugin GUI ....and that it is all cut and paste with no coding...

Is it really that easy??? Even light meters work? If you remade a plugin on YouTube I think that would help people a lot. Maybe a Waves or UAD plugin? Or Acustica? Just to show the potential?
You can do some of what you said. Yes - a plugin's GUI can be reproduced if the plugin exposes all the parameters you require to Reaper - that is you can add any plugins parameters which can be automated by Reaper. If a plugin has parameters that cannot be automated - then you cannot add them.

Regarding the light meters. These are normally linked to either a dedicated plugin which gives you volume level so you can tap it at any point in the chain, or you can simply add the peak meter readings from the Reaper mixer channels. But you cannot get any direct readouts from a plugin itself - like gain reduction or other metering - UNLESS that plugin exposes the values as automation (this is pretty rare - at least in the VST domain) - and even then you would need to find a control that was calibrated correctly for the automated value scale.

So yeah - you can rebuild a plugin GUI or merge multiple plugins into one GUI (strip) (which was the main point of the script - hence the name). But the metering is limited to monitoring from outside a plugin (you can monitor inputs and outputs to a plugin using tbproaudio's dpmeter plugin or wigware's jsfx adapted plugin provided in my github.
lb0 is offline   Reply With Quote