Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by timbralzoom View Post
have fun

new discovery
i just realized we can use Strip Switcher like this :

EDIT: video (gif removed)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3K42...ature=youtu.be
Yep you can do that. I'll hopefully be adding option to import strips - but if these strips were originally made from several strips - it will retain the separate strips within the loaded strip (not combine them all).

This is mainly to go with the new (unspoken) strip gallery mode (shortcut currently \). This is still in its infancy. At the moment restricted to horizontal scrolling.

It's basically more for traditional mixing use - but adopts a more ableton approach to scrolling through the different strips on a page.

At the moment - must be used with the autosnap option set in settings and an appropriate height set for a row (big enough to cover the height of the biggest strip on the page. Unpredictable things happen if used without that I'll hopefully iron out.

It still has some barriers to perfect use - if the ordered strips don't fit on a single page - the ones 'over the edge' will be cropped and not much use. So as long as your strips can be kept to a decent vertical size - then you can use it to display quite a few strips.

I'm going to try to work out the limitations - but is not easy as this was not an intended function when I designed the main graphics and data routines - but I reckon I can probably seamlessly adapt it (hopefully) to organise the controls across more than one backbuffer (if required). Downside would be an increase in memory usage if more backbuffers are required so would be optional.
lb0 is offline   Reply With Quote