View Single Post
Old 06-14-2015, 06:06 PM   #1
Bohemo
Human being with feelings

Default TimewARP 2600 - Wayout Ware/Sonivox incompatible?

Hello everyone, I just bought Wayout Wares TimewARP 2600 VSTi from Sonivox. It will not work on our Macbook Pro / OS X 10.10 / 2.5 GHz i7 /16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3/ SSD. The GUI is cut in half and stuck at the bottom of the screen. No matter what size the screen is expanded, the GUI sticks cut in half and to the bottom so half the controls are invisible. We got ZERO help from Sonivox except some condescending rhetoric about supporting all major "professional" platforms and how it is against their policy to issue refunds on software even if it is the same day of purchase and it doesn't work.

Has anyone else had the same issue and found a solution. Seems like a good emulation (though extreeeemely slow to load and change presets) It will actually give you a spinning Mac waiting waiting waiting color wheel when switching presets. With ample RAM and an SSD, I've never seen that even with huge Kontact samples or memory hog VSTi's. Sort of kicking myself for not going with Arturia Arp 2600v even though the TimewARP may sound more authentic. Hard to say.