View Single Post
Old 09-18-2019, 02:15 PM   #11
Dork Lard
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by foxAsteria View Post
Yea, you can, but you probably shouldn't. It's a complicated setup that won't work down the road if you change small details of your system (such as the name of a virtual MIDI cable). Any good reason why you want to? I've done it in the past and regret it every time I try to work with an old project I did that way.

Kontakt works basically the same running as a plugin (you can even load standalone projects into it) but with the added convenience of not having to keep track of multiple project files an maintaining a complex setup.

You'd need to route the MIDI and audio from Kontakt through virtual cables. Quite a bit of setting up to do, so no quick explanation for it. I would use ReaRoute (re-run Reaper installer if you didn't choose it the first time) for audio and LoopMIDI for MIDI.

But again, I'd recommend avoiding it if possible.
thanks for the reply.
To be honest my plugin-Kontakt is too old to run certain libraries, and I was looking to get the Portable which seemed more mobile CPU wise etc and could run any of the newer libraries.

Sounds like a pain in the anus I'm not willing to go through what you're describing, oh dear yes. I guess I'll just look for other solutions outside Ktkt.
Dork Lard is offline   Reply With Quote