View Single Post
Old 05-10-2010, 07:46 AM   #24
captain caveman
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by w.caslighter View Post
so, is this still a bloody "nit pick" ???

i have a very large mixing project this month, all tracked to REAPER and I will have 10 hardware units I will need to insert to mix. Is REAPER going to once again force me to consolidate/export to C5 to mix the damn thing??

i'll tell ya, the ONLY reason i track to reaper these days is because of steiny's sh1tty i/o code with C5 and macs -no probs on PC's i've tried- but on mac, the code blows. i can't hold a 64 sample buffer without pops cliks on a very powerful mac where i can effortlessly hold a 32 sample buffer in reap.if not for this latency problem tracking, i'd probably never use reaper in the studio and just continue to use it on my (non mac) laptop.

this is not a nit pick and it's plain rude to have treated this concern as such
Apparently Cubase 5.5 has sorted out a lot of the poor multi-core/low-latency performance issues on the Mac. Time will tell.

I find it ironic that Reaper's debut on the front cover of Sound on Sound was for a feature on the integration of hardware and software in a DAW, considering the ReaInsert issues. I know Mike Senior has a hard-on for Reaper, but they should have chosen the feature more carefully to have it on the front page.

In defence of Cockos though, I don't think they moved this thread into here and they worked hard on getting Rewire sorted out in the last release or two so maybe they'll do a similar brainstorming soon with hardware integration.
captain caveman is offline   Reply With Quote