View Single Post
Old 05-09-2022, 08:11 AM   #2244
vonglan
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hanswurst View Post
Hi, I just started setting up my Tascam US-2400 with ReaLearn and have some questions:

1. This device is massive, 24 channels, each with motorized fader with 14 bit resolution, solo/rec/mute button and endless rotary, plus a bunch of extra elements, about ~175 control elements all in all. Is there a risk of running into performance issues with ReaLearn? I’m not planning to use all control elements at once, though I mainly want to set it up for controlling synth VSTs.

2. Is there a way to funnel data into the companion app without using the GUI, maybe by hacking backend files for the local web app? I’m thinking about writing a Python script to set up at least some of the elements automatically, if this data is somehow accessible.
I haven't discovered any performance issues yet, and I have really big mapping presets.
Exception: with the Reaktor VST as a target (for Monark), because it seems to offer its parameters with a strange resolution, I get a lag (delay) sometimes when I turn knobs quickly.

By the way, check out my analog synth ReaLearn presets here: https://github.com/vonglan/realearn-sy-presets
Maybe it is worthwhile for you, to create an US-2400 to SY controller preset.
(You would then get the mapping to all the VSTs mentioned in that github project without further work.)
vonglan is offline   Reply With Quote