View Single Post
Old 12-30-2013, 04:20 PM   #13
mim
Human being with feelings

Hey David, Thanks for you fast answer.

To be very honest I won't have enough free time those days to try your extension the way I'd like to "stress it" enough to ensure it's working good enough to be used for daily work. Probably later in January ...

For now please consider me as a conceptual interlocutor.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ---david View Post
I found a workaround for the performance issues I had – I simply ignore the volume/pan events the API provides and just query values and update fader/encoders directly in the event loop ('run' function). It helps but it slows down the response time a bit (every fader gets updated a couple times a second, so fast zig zag fades won't result in the according fader moves). Might be just a temporary workaround, but it's good enough for me.
I for one (and, again, that's just me and maybe should I learn C and fork your github ) would need to have faders to move on zig zag fades.
I'd prefer to avoid any pan or parameter infos if that would help to have immediate responses.

Quote:
So I put this version on GitHub, so anybody who wants to give it a go and/or fork and improve it, feel free: https://github.com/DavidLichtenberge...r-csurf-us2400
Nice and clear Git Hub ! Too bad I don't do C for now (I keep some geek stuff to learn when I'll be 64)

Quote:
OK, so I'll cross that bridge when it comes to it. Maybe my update workaround helps with that already.
I need some time to stress it enough to see if I experiment such glitches with your extension ...

Quote:
I see. As you said, there is no 'Change View' switch or similar, so I think I'll stick to the MCP view. I rarely use different setups for the two, anyway (too confusing for me). As of now my extension supports wrapping tracks into folders / unwrapping and hiding / showing child tracks as well as changing track order in the MCP view, that's good enough for me.
Cool !

Quote:
I couldn't get used to touch for mixing at all – don't you have to look at the display all the time to see where the touch-'fader' is at?
We had to think about nice ways to have touch controls before enjoying using it ...

Quote:
– I need to feel them at my fingertips, otherwise I'm not concentrating on my ears enough. Different strokes, I guess :-)
Real faders is a must have. Touch screen faders are crap !
However touch surround pan and touch parametric EQs are dopes !

Quote:
And the whole US-2400 feels kinda cheap – after all it's a 500$ device that got discontinued 5 years ago, haha. But I don't mind that, as long as I have 24 10-bit faders, I'm happy.
Yeah! I was thinking faders feel less cheap than pan pots. Faders are silent, nervous, and indeed, 10 bit resolution. That's good for me too.

Quote:
Great, maybe post a video on YouTube or something, I'd love to see it (even if it might not be my cup of tea, I'm sure it'll look pretty cool)!
I'll do.
We are changing or main computer this week and will have real world (with our new software) tests next week (and probably the week after).

Quote:
Thanks for your help!
Thanks for your time to create a native US 2400 csurf extension. I wish I could help you in a more concrete way ...

Last edited by mim; 12-30-2013 at 04:27 PM.
mim is offline   Reply With Quote