View Single Post
Old 04-18-2020, 07:33 AM   #264
Time Waster
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hermenator View Post
... As for the DC offset of the Pulse wave: I think it depends on what you consider 'zero DC content'. I meant it as in 'The sum/average of the signal over time to be zero', wheras you seem to mean 'The sum/average of the min and max signal to be zero'...
OK, I see where you are coming from. Yes the point was to keep the signal within the clipping bounds. I'm not at all clear why it would be important to maintain zero offset the way you have defined it? More research needed. I did a quick experiment whereby I shifted the signal to correct for the average offset, but also scaled it to maintain roughly the same maximum amplitude. This resulted in what I perceived to be a volume change when varying the pulse width, not surprising given that the scaling effects the energy level of the signal and not, I think, a desirable or pleasing audio effect.

I note your comment regarding the note scope. That should be an easy fix. I will also take your other comments on board.

I always though of ReaRack as a proof of concept. I never really meant to take it as far as I did, I just got a bit carried away. I always hoped to inspire others to take it up and make it more of a collective effort. Feel free to mod any or all of it.