View Single Post
Old 04-24-2016, 10:12 AM   #21
tombuur
Human being with feelings

I don't look at Console 1 as a plugin controller, but as an implementation of a console. With soon three different consoles to choose from.

I bought for it four reasons:
1. I want to pretend I am using a famous console while mixing my own most humble music.
2. I am tired of wasting time testing a bunch of plugins for every track. I want to simplify. From now on it will be SSL 4000 E on almost everything mimicking the way mixing is done on a real console with maybe a few outboard effects.
3. The Waves SSL sounds great too, but Console 1 has a transient shaper and adjustable drive/character which further reduces the need for other plugins.
4. My right arm is suffering from RSI from using the mouse too much. The console will reduce the need for mousing.

BTW I found that using the vst3 version of Console 1, I got stutters in Reaper (not in Cubase or Studio One). No problem with vst2. I have similar problems with vst3 versions of Slate stuff. I believe Reaper hasn't fully solved the vst3 implementation yet and I will avoid vst3's until this is fixed.
Reaper 5, latest release, 64-bit w SWS |GA Z270 UD5|Intel i7 K7700|32 GB RAM|Fireface 800|500GB SSD sys, 1TB SSD Rec, 4TB HDD samples|Win 10 64bit|Dynaudio BM6A|Softube Console 1|Sonnox|Waves|Melda|Superior 3|Komplete 12U|Melodyne|Slate|Izotope.
tombuur is offline   Reply With Quote