View Single Post
Old 01-25-2017, 12:04 PM   #134
Wolf.FOH
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hanswurst View Post
1. Is the USB indicator supposed to blink all the time? Sometimes it feels as if the interface is sending data without me doing something.
Hanswurst
I think this has something to do with the new fix "don't continuously update buttons" in the new un-compiled version, which is why I need it compiled. It's fine over direct usb connection, but using it over rtpMidi causes the surface to lag gradually more and more, like a buffer or something is becoming overloaded. Within a few minutes it takes 3-4 seconds for commands to respond and it's unusable. The stock reaper MCU plugin works fine for hours over rtpMidi with no latency.

Also, It appears he used MS Visual Studio Express 2015.

Update:
OK, so after poking around in the code and analyzing the output with midiOX, here is why the USB light always shows activity:
1. The us2400 does not natively support blinking of all the buttons, so the plugin is continually sending the button blink on/off messages.
2. In metermode it continually sends the meter values. It does this whether you've actually pressed the meter button, or not, which seems a little inefficient, but not really a big deal. I'm looking to see if there's a way to change this.

Last edited by Wolf.FOH; 02-16-2017 at 08:25 AM.
Wolf.FOH is offline   Reply With Quote