View Single Post
Old 12-02-2009, 08:18 AM   #119
ajaym
Human being with feelings

Default BCR2000 control surface interface

Not quite sure how to do the following, if anyone can assist

Go to next/previous marker
Go to next/previous measure

These are shifted functions on the transport keys of the control surface as they are implemented for Sonar. The control surface plugin maps the bottom right four buttons on the BCR2000 as transport controls. Unshifted they are play/pause (at present I have had to implement this as play/stop, not being sure how to pause programmatically), rewind to start (working fine), go to end (working fine) and record (also working fine).

Shifted, these four buttons are then intended to do the above marker and measure navigation except that I am having trouble locating the appropriate APIs to do that.

At this point the core functions and all bank switching are working; I now have to get effect pages working, along with send pan and gain, but these appear to be reasonably well documented so I will press on in this area and see how things go.

Finally I will have to implement scrubbing. This I haven't yet looked into. The plugin as implemented for Sonar will turn the top row of rotaries into scrub controls when the shift key on the surface is pressed and held. In this mode, the rightmost rotary provides coarse scrubbing and each control to the left provides progressively finer levels of scrub control down to pretty much sample-level accuracy on the left hand side. I can see looking at the APIs that Reaper seems to have conceptually similar concepts except that time representation is undoubtedly different between Sonar and Reaper and I will have to investigate that, I think, in more detail.

Many thanks for help to date. I hope to get this finished in the next day or so, with luck.
ajaym is offline   Reply With Quote