View Single Post
Old 01-18-2018, 02:59 PM   #11
jonespnice
Human being with feelings

It's not Behringer's fault but it's Reaper's fault (in a sense), because the Mackie Control protocol is only guaranteed to work with certain Daws, and it states it in the Mackie Control manuals. The reason Logic works so well with MCU is because it is fully supported by Logic, Reaper doesn't fully support it. I have the Behringer X-Touch and for my purposes it works fine (faders, mute, solo, rec, select, transport, automation, pan, scroll, fader bank, channel bank, insert markers, scribble strips) but it doesn't allow me to pull up the sends, plugins, ect. I know the X-Touch has more buttons than the compact, so it also allows me to have 140 buttons to assign to actions (using the 4 modifier buttons). I would like it to work exactly like a MCU within Reaper but Reaper doesn't support it natively.
Mac 10.14.6, Windows 10 pro, Reaper 5, Akai Advance keyboard, MPC X, Maschine 2, Arturia V Collection, Komplete 12 Ultimate, Omnisphere 2.6, KeyScape, Trilian, Akai VIP, Albino, Minimonsta, Moog Modular vsti, Apollo interface, Korg M1 vsti, Reason.
jonespnice is offline   Reply With Quote