Thread: Lost plugins
View Single Post
Old 07-15-2019, 07:21 AM   #3
Burnsjethro
Human being with feelings

Thanks for your answer cstoosh (I had to submit your post because your answer appeared in my mailbox with this link but I cannot see your message in this section)

1) Do you have anything typed in the filter box? If so, that will hide instruments, of course.

I don't think so. I went to preferences VST plugins and I pressed the edit button which automatically detected the plugin in question, then I did rescan, opened a new project in Reaper and saw the new plugin was in the new section. So I thought I would try it out on one of my instruments but most of them were missing.

2) Are the dll files for the VST located/installed in a directory that is being scanned? You can have presets and stuff somewhere else, but the DLLs (or .vst3 if it's vst3) should be located in one of the folders you set up in the options... this option is in the same spot where the re-scan button is.

First of all I had a problem finding the folder because the project did not say where it was located but it was in its own folder in "common directories" or something like that, but as I say Reaper detected it immediately without any further action by me.
Burnsjethro is offline   Reply With Quote