Thread: Toontrack EZmix
View Single Post
Old 04-19-2010, 01:13 PM   #28
Ricky Reject
Human being with feelings

Im not very experienced when it comes to audio production, so feel free to call me dense here...

I see the plugin has EQ and compressor and reverb, but...am I right in thinking that it only has three sliders (i.e. three values) that are adjustable?
The most basic compressor I use has 6 sliders and my go-to reverb has 15. How do you set threshold, attack and release and in/output?

I mean, presumably this is a "one click and it all sounds sweet"-kind of attempt, but I dont seriously get how this concept is applicable to the wide arrays of music production. Lets just pick a drum track for instance; in my 10 latest projects, Ive used 8 different sets of drum samples / synthesizers. For each instance, I've had to at least tweak compressor, reverb and EQ all differently and accordingly depending on the samples and synths used.

I dont know...maybe I'm just making it hard for myself, but I still dont see how it can be effectively used with such a small amount of parameters that are adjustable. It would be like having a JD-800 with 3 sliders: it still makes cool sounds and you can make it sound shiny or more shiny.

Last edited by Ricky Reject; 04-19-2010 at 01:24 PM.
Ricky Reject is offline   Reply With Quote