Thread: ReaConsole
View Single Post
Old 02-24-2009, 06:09 AM   #47
illacov
Human being with feelings

Default Cool ass idea to go with another cool ass idea...ReaBoard

Ive been thinking about this for a while.

I know we already have hotkeys and the like for Reaper commands but is it possible to have a second keyboard for our workstation that is SPECIFICALLY divergent from the normal keyboard functions which would be mapped for only Commands or for example ReaConsole?

You know like a weird looking cool assed keyboard that could be mapped away from Windows usage as a regular keyboard, meaning a little software utility could assign it to only work with a certain program that you designate like Reaper. I know windows usually makes it fair game for all programs..hmmm. Is there such a thing as keyboard masking? Meaning you can assign a different command set to a certain input device so that it would not be the typical ABCD etc thing, this way it wouldn't conflict with your standard keyboard.

Then you could map all these cool commands to the second keyboard, so it becomes a control surface. I hope you follow me. We already have people generating stickers to make Reaper keyboards, but it would be cool to have our regular keyboard retain basic hotkey commands among other functions like CTRL ALT DEL and then the dedicated Reaper keyboard which would have whatever extensions assigned wherever you want co existing with the basic windows keyboard.

That would the best compliment to the dope piece of software.

Anybody got any ideas?
Somebody code it! Lol

Peace
Illumination
illacov is offline   Reply With Quote