View Single Post
Old 01-09-2017, 02:30 AM   #37
John57b
Human being with feelings

Received my Panorama P1 and it is certainly the Cat's Pajamas the integration with Reaper is very deep.

What I also did was to get the magnetic computer plate for my StudioLogic SL88 keybaord and instead of a laptop I am using the Panorama P1 on the SL computer plate with room to spare. The P1 integration is wonderful deep with Reaper, my DAW. You can even have the P1 to switch between Rewire devices. You can get two Panorama P1 units and have them dedicated to Reaper and the other to Reason as per SweetWater tech support, see page 468. Good control over the VST instruments. In my case the I can press one key and it will bring up my EastWest Play interface with three pages of tweatable controls. Works fine with Kontakt also. The P1 can store 20 presets with all the assignments for 16 encoders, 9 45mm faders, 10 LED buttons, 28 buttons and a foot switch plus a link to any of the 10 stored assignable. Each of the 10 F-keys maps stores the setting of each of the 11 F keys and each F key can store up to eight QWERTY or key shortcut commands. It just works. On Reaper just look at the reaper manual located here
REAPER | User Guide
Check out chapter 15 and you then can realize how powerful QWERTY macros can be. It is a rare event to get something that exceeds my expectations. This makes having a keyboard on a side table very workable and productive. I got my P1 at $220. You still have room to put up the SL magnetic music stand also. Reaper music notation editor is getting better all the time.
John57b is offline   Reply With Quote