View Single Post
Old 04-20-2010, 06:03 PM   #8
jdutaillis
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by moliere View Post
If you let us know what you're trying to do, it may make a bit more sense, as we all use reaper for different purposes. It SOUNDS like what you want is possible using the monitor/input option on the meters as mentioned. This allows you to see the input signal pre-fader/fx for stuff coming into reaper. If you're wanting to monitor pre-fader for already recorded stuff, then no, there doesn't seem to be that option (and its not an option I would ever use myself, so do you have a description of why you would use it that way?)
I'm wanting to monitor pre-fader for all recorded material. ie. so when you adjust the fader it doesn't change whats happening on the VU meters. They just show the levels reaching them.

This is a standard feature on all audio equipment I've ever used. This way you can monitor the gain structure as it is coming from the region, or out of the FX plugins etc.

I personally don't see the point in monitoring post fader as it does not provide me any useful information. But I'm willing to be proven wrong!
jdutaillis is offline   Reply With Quote