Thread: Reaper DDP GUI
View Single Post
Old 09-23-2017, 12:49 PM   #58
karumba
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by WyattRice View Post
Hi,
Is your first track marker at exactly 2 seconds (0:00:02:00)?
I also have a GUI for ddpinfo, if that helps. See my signature for download (DDP To Cue Writer).
Regards,
Wyatt
afaik the first track marker doesn't need to be strictly at 0:00:02:00, but it is not allowed to have it before. but if you e.g. would like to have a hidden track before the first track, your first track index needs to be > 2:00, therefore i didn't force it the be at 2:00 with the script. personally i've never used it that way (with reaper) so i'm always having my first track marker at exactly 0:00:02:00.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MRMJP View Post
What REAPER really needs to make it a great mastering tool is to have ability to enter in all this info one time and then have it pushed to CD-Text, as well as ID3/Riff and other metadata to avoid extra work.
I'm trying to be open minded but I don't see how using REAPER for some really mastering focused stuff can be faster/better/more accurate than trying to cobble it together with scripts and other stuff.
I'm also not complaining because I'm happy to do that step in another app as I do, but I know some users would prefer to stay in one app.
i fully agree. for me the script lets me build a DDP very fast, but i know other mastering engineers that would prefer a nicer GUI with more options directly integrated in reaper.

Last edited by karumba; 09-23-2017 at 12:54 PM.
karumba is offline   Reply With Quote